Get Lost is a public-private community partnership (PPCP) initiative, brought to life through Covid-19 lockdown.
With full support from our Senior Elder, Uncle Rick Nelson, this initiative takes place on, and reflects our values for, Jaara Country – the lands of the Dja Dja Wurrung.
Get Lost is directly informed by the Creative Industries Cluster Muster held at the Castlemaine Town Hall in August 2019, which set clear directions to achieve community vision.
Get Lost involves four key development areas:
- A place-based creative cluster brand to position our value beyond generic perceptions of ‘regional arts’, developed and activated in partnership with the community;
- Digital infrastructure to provide a curated experience and centralised information gateway to underpin ongoing, cooperative working across issues such as labour pooling, marketing, training, technology and scheduling;
- Exploration and activation of new funding mechanisms to deliver more localised, economic self-sufficiency; and
- The review and implementation of cooperative governance models to help our community transition to new ways of working and to improve Mount Alexander Shire Council’s forward planning and investments.
The Get Lost platform will be delivered in stages. Stage one will gather current details, profiles and stories from across our community, and drive investment in our creative capabilities. Council will be transitioning its cultural development service communications to the Get Lost platform throughout stage one and be supporting a number of key assets across both the public and digital realm.
Stage two will enable collective engagement with our local and global audiences via online exhibitions, conversations, performances and stories, complementing activity in the public realm. Get Lost will provide our creative workforce with access to live streaming, podcasting and audio casting software, chat rooms, forums and professional development materials. It will empower our creators and makers through e-commerce opportunities, all through a singular portal that will not require social media accounts to view or access.
Get Lost delivery partners include:
- We Push Buttons – architecture
- Masumano – juggling
- Storyland – whip cracking and goldsmithery
- Mount Alexander Shire Council – foraging
If you want to know more about how to Get Lost, please contact us.