Award winning ‘rising star’ guitarist Clancy McLeod plays a program of music that explores his deep love and loss for the forest and country. The Newstead Arts Hub is excited to host this special concert.
Clancy will play a series of evocative pieces including:
- In Un Sueno en la Floresta, (a dream in the forest) Barrios captures the extraordinary perfection of our world, the beauty of the trees that perhaps gave him this music.
- Bach’s Chaccone is perhaps the most precious piece of solo music ever written, taking one deep into the profoundly sad world of loss.
- Joaquin Roderigo’s dark and eerie homage; Invocation y Danza offers satisfying sonerous glimpses of true perfection and love, which then melt away into explosions of grief.
- La Catedral, another piece by Barrios, exemplifies a sad reverence. Every forest is a Cathedral.
- The ancient landscapes of Turkey are brought to life in Koyunbaba in a rich emotional journey.
Clancy has demonstrated himself to be a guitarist of the highest calibre and a “captivating, expressive and very musical” performer. (London Strings Festival). Audiences are always moved by Clancy’s exquisitely sensitive emotional expression, interpretation and delivery.
Clancy performs solo concerts as well as with his duo Alyse and Clancy, and commissions new works for the guitar regularly. He is committed to building the guitar repertoire and premiering new works with a special focus on environmental concerns.
Newstead Arts Hub exhibitions, events and workshops are conceived and presented by local community members.The Hub welcomes locals, artists and visitors to share in the experience of creative expression, community connection and learning. Open weekends: Saturday & Sunday, 10am - 4pm.